Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Name that Indie!


You're going to have to guess the name of today's indie-- that is, if you want a chance to be in the drawing for our aMaZiNg prize at the end of the month . . . TEN new children's books, your very own Shrinking Violet coffee/tea mug, and a signed 8x10 of Robin's *new* author photo. (I may be teasing about one of those prizes.)

INDIE NAME: Rhymes with YEARNING TOAST
CITY: Eladnabru (You'll have to crack the code)
STATE: Got corn?
MISSION STATEMENT:  
~Where children are special and learning is fun!~
WEBSITE:  To be announced later

The YEARNING TOAST is the largest store in state of ________ specializing in educational materials, toys, games, and books for teachers, parents, and children.  You can visit their great on-line store, or shop at either of their two locations, Eladnabru or Ynekna.  The shop was started in April of 1977 by two educators, and they are still at it.  

Happy 31st Anniversary, Yearning Toast!  

And, good luck to all of you that are going to take a shot at Name That Indie! You can enter your guess as a "Reply" or send it privately to Mary, I think I've got it!.  If you are the certain person with the initials SS that nominated this indie off-line to me a while back, you're already in the drawing.  You can just sit back and let the others sweat trying to figure it out.  

;-]   ~'-]
Mary & Robin
Your SVP Cruise Directors

3 comments:

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

I can't believe TadMack hasn't been here yet! :-)
I have no clue. The Burning Coast? The Spurning Ghost? Umm, now that I think about it, I may have the first word in mind. But I'm slow on Thursdays.
I do like Yearning Toast, though. It's quite evocative. I can see a plaintive slice of cooked bread plain as day.
Yay, Yearning Toast!

tanita✿davis said...

(Gimme a break, liquidambar, I'm THINKING!!!! I'm so BAD at these things!! But, I'm going to figure it out...)

YAY, Yearning Toast! If we love books as much as we love toast, we will forever be a reading people!!

tanita✿davis said...

I think I've got the CORN hint, anyway...