Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Like We'd Forget Florida!


VERO BEACH BOOK CENTER in Florida comes to us courtesy of the hysterical author Donna Gephart, who raves about this bookstore.  We couldn't possibly finish out our month without featuring them!  VBBC has a separate children's store with a stage, separate teen area, and plenty of author events.  I had a chance to visit them, too, during a trip to Florida a couple of years ago.  One step inside their children's store, and I wanted to leave my home, my kinsmen, and get a job there.  I know nothing about book retail, but I'm a heck of a duster.  Truly. Amazing.  Place.  Donna says check them out at this great website.

I love their store motto.  "We Wrap, We Ship, We Smile . . . Seven Days a Week." And by the by, I just discovered they are hiring!  (Just not dusters, dang.)

The Vero Beach Book Center recently took the Honorable Mention in the Lucile Micheels Pannell Award, in great company with the Flying Pig Bookstore and Kepler's.  Congrats, Vero Beach!

Coming up on their June event calendar is Doughnuts with Dad and Pajama Hour with Miss Julie.  Both sound irresistable. 

Here is where you can find them!
Vero Beach Book Center
2145 Indian River Blvd
Vero Beach, FL 32960
(772) 569-6650

Let's hear it for the Vero Beach Book Center team!

*** THERE ARE ONLY 4  DAYS LEFT IN OUR CELEBRATION OF NATIONAL INDEPENDENT BOOKSELLER MONTH.  
HAVE YOU SHOPPED YOUR INDIE THIS MONTH?***

~('-p    ~(:>]
Mary & Robin

2 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Yay, Florida!
I'll be in Miami a few days next month, and I look forward to checking out all the indies in the area. I love that there's a STAGE in this bookstore! Perfect for all those puppet shows and story hours. Three cheers for smiling service, seven days a week!

Wild About Words said...

Mary & Robin,

Thanks for featuring the Vero Beach Book Center. I was just in there for the first time since my book came out, and they made me feel wonderful. I signed a stack of books and of course, purchased a few interesting titles, too. They really create a lovely atmosphere in that store.
And TadMack, when you're in Miami, be sure to stop by Books & Books. They have a unique building and lots of great events going on.
Three cheers for the indies and three cheers for Mary and Robin for celebrating them this month!
Donna