Friday, January 15, 2010

Launching Becky Levine's New Book!

Pictured: Becky's Launch Day interpretive dance

Congratulations and many celebratory hugs to the lovely Becky Levine on her launch day!

The Writing & Critique Group Survival Guide

How to Give and Receive Feedback, Self-Edit,

and Make Revisions

Writer's Digest Books

January 15, 2010

304 pages


Becky Levine is a writer and speaker, living in California’s Santa Cruz mountains. In addition to this new non-fiction title for adults, Becky also writes for children and young adults. She has completed a middle-grade mystery and is currently working her first picture book and a historical YA set in 1913 Chicago.


She is also a book reviewer, and an avid blogger and Tweeter. She is a generous and active contributor to social media conversations. I suspect she has an army of clones out there visiting sites. She never fails to make a positive comment, offer encouragement, or share a welcome bit of Becky Wisdom.


Despite all appearances (especially on social-networking sites and blogs), Becky swears she is a true introvert, needing quiet, solitary down-time (AKA curling-up-with-a-British-mystery) to recharge. In fact, as she plans the year’s signings and workshops, she is considering an extra suitcase just to carry along her collection of Agatha Christie novels. You can learn more about Becky at her website and blog, www.beckylevine.com.



My plan for launch day is still to make a plan! No, I know I'm going out to dinner with my husband and son, at a restaurant where my son can get a burger, my husband can get his own form of beef, and I can get anything I want. :) I'm trying to work up the nerve to actually saunter through a few bookstores, too, and see if they have my book on their actual shelves. And, if any of them do, I'm promising myself that, at least once, I'm going to go up to a counter and offer to sign copies. How's that for a celebration?



Becky is generously offering an autoraphed copy of The Writing & Critique Group Survival Guide to one of our readers. She is happy to send a print copy, or a PDF for your Kindle. All you need to do to enter to win is to post a comment, or reply to me privately with the correct answer to this question:


Becky's pet cockatiel, Bard, can whistle the tune to which of the following:

1) Inagaddavida

2) Single Ladies

3) Theme from Woody Woodpecker

4) Flight of the Bumble Bee

5) I've Got You, Babe


Please join us in giving Becky Levine a rousing and robust launch of her brand new book into the world. ::::Today at high noon, honk your horn in her honor if you're driving :::: If you're home, call your local indie and ask if they carry Becky's book :::: Order her book on-line for a writing buddy with a birthday coming up, or donate it to your local library :::: Visualize her selling squillions upon squillions of copies ::::


Becky, much, much success to you!


: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :


Announcements! Announcements! The winner of the Lisa Yee Special Prize Pack-- 2 of Lisa's novels, a package of marshmallow Peeps, and special hair goop just like Lisa uses is... Rebecca Knight! Congratulations. Rebecca, will you email me off line so that I can get your mailing address?


: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

7 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

What an awesome SV to feature! Becky rocks the house!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Mary & Robin. LOVE the question! :)

Susan Taylor Brown said...

What a wonderful way to launch your book, Becky. Congrats on seeing your dream come true!

Jen Robinson said...

Yay to Becky! What a lovely feature!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Becky! She has an excellent blog on writing, so the critique group guide should be stellar!

Jenn Hubbard

Vivian Mahoney said...

Yay for Becky! Happy Book Launch!

Rebecca Knight said...

Congrats, Becky!

Also, HOORAY! I won :D. Sorry to be so late in seeing this--I just emailed you. Thanks so much!