Monday, July 16, 2007

At Long Last! (And More...)



Now I would never be one to make any assumptions about whether a person is an introvert or not ---(sound of Robin spewing Diet Coke in the background), but I do want to gently point out that it took two months for our Indie Bookseller of the Year, Kris Vreeland of Vroman's Bookstore to cough up a photo. That's all I'm saying! :-] We might just have a Shrinking Violet on our hands. Hmmmm. You be the judge.

Thanks, Kris! We are happy to finally put a face to our Esteemed Heroine-- we appreciate all that you and Vroman's do to promote great books for kids. We hope your coworkers and patrons are giving you the royal treatment these days. And if they aren't, you just let us know. We have quite the withering glance, and we're not afraid to use it!

And, while I have you all on the hook, I have a message from Ms. Viola, our Life Coach and SVP columnist. She wants you all to know she is head-banging-bored with all her wealthy clients and their life "challenges". . . what to wear to dodge paparazzi, which are the best parties not to be noticed at, and whether publishing one's innermost private jail journal is a bit too much exposure. The Ms. wants to hear from you! Please send your questions about marketing/promotions/life for shrinking violets to Ask Ms. Viola. If we select your question, we will send you one of our coveted SVP coffee/tea mugs.

And, um, are Robin and I really going to be the ONLY INTROVERTS going to SCBWI Nationals in LA next month? Say it isn't so!


More later, of course-

Mary Hershey

2 comments:

R.L. LaFevers said...

Apparently it IS so, Mary. Just you, me, and Terry! Just about the right sized crowd for introverts, no? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Kris Vreeland!

Nice photo too. Wish I could be at Vroman's Bookstore tonight! I’m sure you will be extremely busy. Have fun!


Mary and Robin,

I received my beautiful mug yesterday afternoon. When I opened the box, I could smell the chocolate. Yum. Thank you so much. The quote printed on the back is priceless. Have a great weekend!

Kimberly Lynn