Monday, February 18, 2008
Sarah Vowell, Violet Superhero
There are at least eight excellent reasons that I think you should take the nine minutes it will take to watch this video of Sarah Vowell, who is the voice for the superhero Violet from The Incredibles.
1. Sarah Vowell is a big introvert.
2. Sarah Vowell is so cool you won't hardly be able to stand it.
3. Sarah Vowell is extremely funny.
4. Sarah Vowell says things like "... I'm better with dead people."
5. Like Nancy Pearl, she has her own Action Figure-- two actually, and one of them is INVISIBLE.
6. Sarah Vowell makes Abraham Lincoln seem kinda, well, you know, hot.
7. As part of my book launch plan I'm starting some school visits and the first one is tomorrow and I'm speaking to two Assemblies with 160 kids each and I'm in dire need of some serious superhero mojo. (And I seem to have misplaced my punctuation she says gasping!)
8. Could there be a better name for a superhero than Violet?
What do you think, friends? Does she make the cut our Shrinking Violet Hall of Fame?
Click here for Sarah's video!
Wish me luck tomorrow--